2015/08/14

Honey, I'm back! / Édesem, megjöttem!

Hello England.

We have not seen each other for a year.
I missed you.

I missed this huge kaleidoscope of races and colours. How convenient and easy is to get anything here. How the sky changes even on a calm, rainy day. How alive is this metropolis, buzzing with life and lights and taxis and buses. I missed the Tube too: zig-zagging huge labyrinth of old tiles and battered benches, the ancient stairs that are totally inconvenient when the two of us trying to drag three suitcases around and a four year old is strapped to my back, but who cares.

I have not even seen Big Ben yet. Or the British Museum. Or Hyde Park. Just sitting here in the suburbs, munching on a Sainsbury's triple chocolate cookie and trying not to cry: I made my peace with Germany, but that's not passion......
I got off the train in London and everything is so....familiar.

I know you, dear.
And I will always love you.

PS: Thanks for the welcome drizzle much appreciated.




Helló Anglia.

Egy éve nem láttuk egymást.
Hiányoztál.

Hiányzott a rasszok és színek kavalkádja. Az, hogy mennyire könnyű itt bármit beszerezni. Az, ahogy az ég változik egy csendes, esős napon. Ez a zizegő hatalmas város, tele élettel, fénnyel, taxikkal, buszokkal. A metró is hiányzott: régi csempék, kopott padok, hosszú lépcsők óriási labirintusa, ami a legkevésbé sem tűnik kívánatosnak, mikor ketten három bőröndőt rángatunk és még a gyerek is a hátamon, de kit érdekel.

És még nem is láttam a Big Bent. Vagy a British múzeumot. Vagy a Hyde parkot. Csak ülök itt a külvárosban, triplecsokis Sainsbury sütit rágcsálok és igyekszem nem sírni: Németországgal békét kötöttem ugyan, de annak köze nincs a szenvedélyhez.....
Itt, mikor leszálltam a vonatról Londonban, minden olyan ismerős.

Ismerlek kedvesem.
És mindig is szeretni foglak.

Ui: Köszi a szitáló esőt, nagyon örültem neki.

Nincsenek megjegyzések: